The end of another year. You know what that means don’t you?
I’d love to hear what you think of my choices, and what you’re own might be, so let me know in the comments section. Be great to discuss it all with you.
First off I’ll share the ten most Super Duper films I’ve seen this year. I’ve managed to see 44 2014 UK releases this year, beating last year’s total by a cool 8! You can find the entire 44 on my Letterboxd account.
Just click on the film below to open up it’s review in a new window.
You might notice that some these rankings don’t always tally with the individual ratings I gave each film. Well, though some films are indeed Super Duper, they won’t warrant a second viewing. But if you’re a great film that I can imagine seeing again (or may have already watched several times) you might creep in front.
Now we have the five worst films I’ve seen in 2014. From the least stinky through to the most stinky of stinkers. If you hadn’t noticed already….I think these films stink. They either outright hacked me off or disappointed me immensely.
It’s been a busy year and I’ve enjoyed keeping my little slice of the internet going. Here are a few highlights from my year of running Super Duper Stuff.
- My interview with Debi Mae West – the voice of Meryl in Metal Gear Solid – is the highlight of having this site overall, not just this year. We’re warned against meeting those important to us but Debi was an absolute pleasure to talk to; smiling, enthusiastic, courteous and warm. The planned half hour interview became an hour long chat about everything from our accents to our pets. It’s been a good source of traffic for the site, but it could have had 0 views and I’d still be ecstatic with it. Thank you Debi.
- I’ve been very fortunate through my links with Flickering Myth to receive review copies of comics, mainly the IDW TMNT series. The series has been consistently brilliant, so much so that I’ve had to think of different ways to say “It’s awesome”. But it’s a good challenge to have
- With Star Wars Rebels I’ve started TV reviews! It’s been quite simple so far as the show has been great. Maybe I’ll branch out next year.
- A lot of people know not to trust their Blogger stats, but this year I passed the 60,000 views mark! Very proud. There are a few people I know of who always have comments and help share my writing, and to those all I can say is thank you. I really appreciate it.
- I met David Yost- the original Blue Ranger! Seemed like a genuinely friendly guy and we managed to get a great photo.